Monday, April 27, 2015

Change

They called us late last night to let us know the changes. They are sending me to Salina Cruz, on the coast. Its one of the hottest areas in the whole mission and May is the hottest month of the whole year down here...haha oh man. I am going to be opening an area which means that me and my companion are going to be showing up without anyone to teach us the area and I will be training a newbie! My first "child"! Im so thrilled and excited for this new adventure. Its going to be hard but Im ready for the challenge! 

I've been in this last area of Guelaguetza for 6 months now and its going to be hard leave. When I first showed up my companion sat me down and told me that there were basically ZERO investigators or anything going on the area. We went MONTHS without one person coming to church despite of intense efforts to get them there. We walked and walked and worked and worked and CONTACTED every person we came across of and I am so very grateful to say that my last day and Sunday in that area we had 11 investigators show up to church on Sunday. 

In all my 15 months on the mission I have never even come close to that kind of success.  I won't be there to see the many baptisms that are coming up in the next few months but I'm ok with that. They are not my baptisms anyway, they are His.  I just got to come along for the ride.  

I also got a text from Nubia and Ursula from Etla.  Nubia is going through the temple tomorrow. SO happy. So thrilled for her.

For all those going through rough times or who might just feel like things are not going the way you would like, even after a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, just keep walking, keep working, and keep believing.

In the words of Elder Holland 
Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.
so believe it. Live it. And JUST KEEP SWIMMING.

Love you all and I promise a much longer and more interesting e mail next week. Gotta run and pick up my daughter. Love love love. 

-Hermana Matesen

*my district at the temple

*This is Gillermina, the one who sells us candy and sings us christian hymns. We love her.
*some of my favorite hermanitas!

No comments:

Post a Comment