Monday, June 2, 2014

Time


This week has literally FLOOOOWN right on by. Which gets me thinking about time...

TIME:

Everyone has the same 24 hours in a day, but what one person can accomplish in that 24 hours is completely different than what another can do. Think about all the good we can accomplish in the allotted time God has given each and every one of us. I read a quote this week that I loved and I want to share it with all of you:

"for a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every momento you have and remember that TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE." -Souza

I was thinking about that a lot this week. Am I making the most of my time? Am I acting or waiting to be acted upon? Sometimes we get to thinking that the only way Satan gets to us in by making us do bad things, but getting us to do nothing is another one of his tolos. 

How many times a day do we get sucked into a game on our phones or stuck in front of the TV for hours on end. How many hours a day are wasted on things with little to no importance? I think of all the hours I've lost waiting, trolling Facebook, and a whole bunch of empty things. The missión is teaching be to use my time. Do good. Be good. Every minute of every day! It's just like the old turtle man says in kung fu panda "today is a gift, thats why it's called the PRESENT!" or something like that...
So use your 24 hours. Show God your thankful for the time He's given you.

MY NEW AREA:

I am in the desert alright. There is little to no vegetation, but on the bright side there's less bugs! woot. We live in a little neighborhood where all the houses are crammed together and look the exact same. Everyone who lives where we work, works in the city, so during the day it's kind-of like a ghost town because there is nobody in the streets...kinda eerie. 

I'm getting used to it little by little, but its hard to switch áreas. I feel lost again. Ugh. And everyone calls me matensen (translation: they kill themselves). But I'm keeping my head up and adjusting....little by little!

MY NEW COMPANION:

Is from Bolivia, studied cooking, likes to fight, likes to tell it like it is, and be straight up with people, is very opinionated, and is brutally honest. Haha she's growing on me, but she's kind-of a rebel, and exact obedience isn't really her thing...that's kind-of hard. 

But we're working out the kinks and getting used to one another! She likes to laugh and LOVES the Bible. When she reads her scriptures she gets so excited she randomly yells and screams (it scared me at first, but now I'm used to it). She talks so fast you wouldn't even believe it (dont' understand what she's saying to me...) it's hilarious, because the other day she lectured for me for a half hour about how I need to talk slower or no one with understand me. hahaha!

Its a short but sweet letter and I want to tell everyone that I LOVE THEM! I LOVE MEXICO! I LOVE MY AREA! AND I LOVE MY COMPANION!

No comments:

Post a Comment